May 17, 2021
The Foxridge Home Buying Process in a Nutshell
Many people are familiar with the process of buying an older resale home, but when it comes to purchasing a new single-family home directly from us, the builder, things are a little different! Whether you’re purchasing a Foxridge inventory home (a finished move-in ready home) or literally starting from the ground up, you are buying a home that is constructed with over 70 years of experience.
Below is a summary of the Foxridge buying experience in a nutshell – don’t worry, when you purchase a new home from us, you’ll receive a detailed Buyer Guide outlining all the steps and have direct contact with your Foxridge Sales Representative from the beginning to end of construction (then be handed over to our dedicated in-house Homeowner Care team).
- Visit Our Sales Centre & Show Homes – Stop by the Foxridge community you’re interested in and walk-through our show home(s). If you’re working with a Realtor, please be sure they’re with you at your first visit. Speak with our Foxridge Sales Representative about your new home requirements and decide on a lot/home that’s right for you.
- Write an Offer – Schedule an appointment with our Foxridge Sales Representative and your Realtor (if you’re working with one) to write an offer. At the time of offer, you should decide if you want to add in options like a finished basement or legal suite. Upon writing, a $5,000 fully refundable deposit is required. Your offer will then be sent to head office for review.
- Contract of Purchase and Sale (CPS) Acceptance – Once your offer is accepted, you will receive an electronic copy of your executed Contract via email.
- Subjects Removed & Deposits Received – If there are any subject clauses in your offer, you will be reminded two days prior to the deadline along with any deposit amounts owing. Once subjects are removed and deposits paid, the house is officially yours!
- Optional Upgrades & Colour Selections – One of the major benefits of purchasing a new single-family home from Foxridge is the ability to fully personalize your home in our Design Centre. Although structural changes are not permitted, there are various options and upgrades you can choose from depending on the stage of construction of your home, from flooring and counters to cabinets and hardware. Payment for these options are required at the time of selection by way of personal cheque or bank draft.
- Construction Updates – Our goal is to keep you updated every step of the way. Throughout the building process of your new home, you will be updated at various construction milestones by way of email and your Conasys Homeowner Portal where you will also find construction progress photos of your new home!
- Closing on Your New Home – As we near the completion of your new home, there are various items that must be completed in a timely manner including providing your lawyer/notary information to us, attending your Pre-Occupancy Orientation, and more. Your Foxridge Sales Representative will reach out and offer guidance.
- Key Turnover on Possession Day – Once funds have been received on Possession Day, we will meet you at your new home to confirm the completion of any outstanding items identified at your Pre-Occupancy Orientation and hand over your keys!
- Homeowner Care & Warranty – With any newly constructed building or home, it is perfectly normal and natural for the building to settle within the first year which may result in minor deficiencies. We have a dedicated and experienced in-house Homeowner Care team that looks after these needs. You will have the opportunity to report any deficiencies and request for service/repairs within the first 60 days of taking possession and at year end. In addition to our one-year in-house warranty service, your new home is also covered under Travelers Canada 2-5-10 New Home Warranty Coverage. To learn more about our in-house home warranty service and FAQ, click here.
We hope this gives you a general idea of the Foxridge home buying process and hope one day, you’ll experience it first-hand!