May 26, 2020
Energy Efficient ‘EnerGuide’ Rated Homes
Foxridge Homes is dedicated to building better homes and creating healthier, more vibrant, and stronger communities. Whether it is giving back to local charities or in this case, improving the energy efficiency of our new homes with EnerGuide, we strive to better the lives of those who live, work and play in our communities. Learn more about our EnerGuide rated new homes below:
WHAT IS AN ENERGUIDE RATED HOME?
- EnerGuide is a rating system developed by Natural Resources Canada and supported by the Government of Canada to rate the energy use of various key consumer products such as washing machines, ovens, and in our case, homes.
- It is a voluntary program which Foxridge Homes has chosen to participate in to add further value and improve the lives of our homeowners.
- EnerGuide homes are built with high performance building envelopes, well insulated walls, energy efficient appliances, high efficiency mechanical systems, and LED lights; then benchmarked against a typical home that is simply built to code.
HOW DOES AN ENERGUIDE RATED HOME BENEFIT YOU?
- A more comfortable and healthier home – Fewer drafts, less noise, more consistent temperature throughout, and cleaner air.
- Potential savings – Reduced energy consumption often leads to lower utility bills. EnerGuide homes may also be eligible for CMHC premium refunds, for more details please click here.
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions – Cuts your carbon footprint and helps the environment.
HOW IS THE ENERGUIDE RATING CALCULATED?
- Certified Energy Advisors are consulted during the pre-construction and design process of every home, in addition to monitoring the performance of the home throughout various stages of construction. The data collected is then used to generate the homes EnerGuide rating.
- No two homes – even of the same floorplan – will have the same EnerGuide rating since various factors affect the rating including the number of windows in a home (corner units typically have more), lot exposure (more sun/natural heat), upgrades in a home (air conditioner), and so forth.
THE ENERGUIDE LABEL
- Every Foxridge home is individually EnerGuide rated with a government-backed energy efficiency rating/label for each home (see example above).
- The EnerGuide label will be affixed to the electrical panel upon completion of the home and will provide the EnerGuide rating (the closer to 0 the better) and detailed information regarding the homes energy consumption.